Deleted user

Hi Craig

Screengarbs attached.

Good luck!

D.

• 22 Nov 2014 9:42 AM
    Reply # 3156056 on 1027735
    Deleted user
    Sorry Craig - unless I'm missing something there does not seem to be a way to attach files in this forum.

Can anyone advise a way to do this?  I have tried cutting and pasting the image but that does not work either.

Last modified: 22 Nov 2014 9:44 AM | Deleted user
  • 04 Nov 2015 1:52 AM
    Reply # 3614847 on 1027735
    Deleted user

I found this thread after having problems installing AccountEdge Plus v9 (2009) on a Macbook with a clean install of Mac OS X 10.11.1 (El Capitan). Running the installer I got to a certain point before I was greeted with a message that the software could not be installed because the software could not be found. I was puzzled. I have another 2 Macs quite happily running v9 on Mavericks and/or El Capitan, so I couldn't understand what the problem could be. It's pretty clear that the issue is nothing to do with Power PCs and Rosetta, since the software runs quite happily on those other Macs.

So, I tried control-clicking on the Installer to display the package contents. I navigated to Contents > Resources and found a load of packages for the individual optional installs. I located the program installer ('MYOB AE Plus App1230') and double-clicked it, which launched the installer for the program. I followed it through and the program installed fine, and seems to work perfectly.

It's worth noting that if you try to install any of the other optional packages, they wipe the contents of the MYOB folder in Applications, and replace with that part of the install. That's obviously no good, but as far as I can tell all the other usual MYOB folders can be moved from another Mac install. There are probably other ways around this minor hurdle.

So it seems there is some kind of compatibility issue between the MYOB *installer* and more recent Mac OSs, and not with MYOB itself. This is obviously good news!

Hopefully this issue is helpful to others

Thanks

• 15 Nov 2015 3:08 PM
    Reply # 3634545 on 1027735
    Hi All, we have MYOB V15 two user licence and running it fine on two PCs with Windows 8.1.

We want to replace one PC with a new MacBook Pro. We haven't bought it yet, just doing some cautious investigation.

We have the original MYOB V15 CD. The CD does suggest on the front that it runs on PCs and Mac OS X version 10.1 and later. So my questions are...

1. Should the MYOB V15 program install okay on the latest MacBook Pro from this CD?

2. Is it okay with a 2 user licence to operate simultaneously on the company file from the other PC and from the new MacBook Pro?

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

• 10 Oct 2016 5:52 PM
    Reply # 4299062 on 1027735
    Mark Hill (Administrator)

Barbara

only one comment on this.  The software is unlikely to allow a simultaneous view between two users, one on a mac, one on a PC.

If you or anyone has a quick question please don't forget to use either the MYOBUG help line or emila address (if you are a member).  See contact above.

• 06 Sep 2017 4:05 PM
    Reply # 5065852 on 1027735
    Deleted user

Hi All. I have just installed MYOB Version 14 on my Windows 7 Professional pc. It seemed to have installed OK and I was able to open and work on my company file. However, when I closed down my pc at the end of the day, the screen froze at the "logging off" stage. I have managed to recover by restoring the pc to a point before I installed MYOB and now all seems to be working fine again. The problem may have been nothing to do with MYOB but I am reluctant to risk installing it again in case the same thing happens. Has anyone else experienced this problem with MYOB Version 14 and Windows 7 Professional ? Many thanks

• 30 Nov 2020 10:47 AM
    Reply # 9394253 on 1027735

I am running Myob v15 on XP which I would  love to move or upgrade to my mac or mac book. Can anybody help.  I do have a problem with closing off old years It stops half way, I did send the file to Myob UK years ago but could not fix it. I since found that the date on myob is a day behind the computer, I did pin it down to the date it started and tried deleting the invoice that caused it. Can i still move it to a mac?

• 04 Dec 2020 4:41 PM
    Reply # 9404736 on 1027735
    Deleted user

Gordon, It is probably mentioned elsewhere but I doubt that there's anyway you can run your MYOB under MacOS directly.

However I believe it's possible to use part of the hard drive on a Mac as a separate partition and in there you can use "Parallels Desktop". This provides a Windows area within the Mac hardware and I suppose that you could then install MYOB into it.

I haven't tried this myself but would be interested to know if anyone has done so. My XP laptop is ageing too...

<< First  < Prev   1   2   Next >  Last >> 
© MYOB Users Ltd