Home 

Help with MYOB

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   ...   Next >  Last >> 
  • 24 Sep 2011 12:42 AM
    Message # 707213
    Mark Hill (Administrator)
    This topic is created to allow you to post questions as replies to this post.  Only members can participate in this elist.  The comments can be read by the public.  Please ask any question that worries you about the use of MYOB versions 11 to 18 in Britain and Ireland.
  • 06 Oct 2011 6:56 AM
    Reply # 716267 on 707213
    Deleted user
    Hello

We are running Accounting V16 and need to move to another PC. The last CD we have is V13 and the updates were done using downloads.

So our problem is that the new installation (V13) would not read the datafile currently in use as V16 is not backwards compatible.

Does anyone have a copy of the update required? Or maybe of a full V16 install? We can supply a screen shot of our V16 license as proof of entitlement.

Thanks in advance :-)

• 06 Oct 2011 11:04 AM
    Reply # 716375 on 716267
    Hi Tim,

If you can't get hold of the v16 install files, you might try simply copying the files from one computer to the other. I have done this several times with no probs.

You will need to copy the MYOB folder, and the Program Files\MYOB\Common folder. You will also need to export and import registry entries under HKLM Software MYOB Technology - this enables MYOB to find the the Java runtime files in the Program Files\MYOB\Common folder. You may have to run drvxl32.exe and drvwd32.exe once to ensure the export to excel and word functions work. I found several "guides" online by searching something like "transferring MYOB from one computer to another".

• 06 Oct 2011 1:21 PM
    Reply # 716415 on 716375
    Deleted user
    Phil Newmann wrote:
    Hi Tim,

If you can't get hold of the v16 install files, you might try simply copying the files from one computer to the other. I have done this several times with no probs.

You will need to copy the MYOB folder, and the Program Files\MYOB\Common folder. You will also need to export and import registry entries under HKLM Software MYOB Technology - this enables MYOB to find the the Java runtime files in the Program Files\MYOB\Common folder. You may have to run drvxl32.exe and drvwd32.exe once to ensure the export to excel and word functions work. I found several "guides" online by searching something like "transferring MYOB from one computer to another".

Thanks Phil,

I had wrongly assumed that what you have described just isn't possible. I should have checked first.

However, I have found a link to the full install files on the Mamut website, and have downloaded V16 to another PC and it appears to runs fine (company file is on our server, not held locally). Thinking about it, it is the company (data) file that is re-activated and not the actual installation. 

So I think I'm OK, as long as the new activation code is provided from this group before the year end.

Tim
  • 07 Oct 2011 5:58 PM
    Reply # 717347 on 716415
    Deleted user
    Tim Peel wrote:

However, I have found a link to the full install files on the Mamut website, and have downloaded V16 to another PC and it appears to runs fine (company file is on our server, not held locally). Thinking about it, it is the company (data) file that is re-activated and not the actual installation. 

So I think I'm OK, as long as the new activation code is provided from this group before the year end.

Tim

Hi Tim,

I need version 14 (accounting plus) as I have lost my original CD.

Was there a link to a version 14 download on Mamut's web site ?

I have version 17 on CD purchased from Mamut however I prefer using V14

Thanks, Aaron.

• 07 Oct 2011 6:55 PM
    Reply # 717396 on 717347
    Deleted user
    Aaron Harkin wrote:
    Tim Peel wrote:

Tim

Hi Tim,

I need version 14 (accounting plus) as I have lost my original CD.

Was there a link to a version 14 download on Mamut's web site ?

I have version 17 on CD purchased from Mamut however I prefer using V14

Thanks, Aaron.

Hi,

As far as I can see there links for only V15 and v16.
    Here is a link to my search results (i have just run the search again):

http://www.mamut.com/uk/support/search/search.asp?lcid=1033&prod=accountedge&query=myob+download&Submit1=Search&what=all

Tim
  • 08 Oct 2011 7:21 PM
    Reply # 718019 on 717396
    Deleted user

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the link :)

• 09 Oct 2011 6:45 PM
    Reply # 718592 on 707213
    Mark Hill (Administrator)
    Simple Accounting Ltd has a full run of past MYOB cds.  We'll copy you a replacement.
  • 10 Oct 2011 12:59 PM
    Reply # 719110 on 707213
    Deleted user

Not sure how to obtain 10 digit company file code.  I can find licence code.

Any advice?  Is it on the MYOB system anywhere?

Thanks

Amba

• 10 Oct 2011 5:39 PM
    Reply # 719279 on 719110
    Deleted user
    Amba Hall wrote:

Not sure how to obtain 10 digit company file code.  I can find licence code.

Any advice?  Is it on the MYOB system anywhere?

Thanks

Amba

In MYOB click on:

'Setup' / 'Company Information' / 'License'

& your company file code will be displayed.

<< First  < Prev   1   2   3   4   5   ...   Next >  Last >> 
© MYOB Users Ltd