Home 

Help with MYOB

• 06 Jun 2012 6:51 PM
    Reply # 950327 on 707213

Hi

Perhaps someone can cast some light on this anomaly?

I'm afraid I'm a bit dilatory when it comes to reconciling my bank account, I know, I know, but I am so at ease with MYOB I prefer to have a session of reconciliation!

Anyway I've noticed that at the top of the reconciliation screens I have a short list of payments for reconciliation that I have already previously reconciled, I have the print outs to prove it, so I wondered if there is any way to remove these unwanted entries from the reconciliation list?

As far as I can tell the bank account balances perfectly, so it seems that the 'not reconciled' flag is still active for these payment entries, even though they have been reconciled previously.

Best regards
    Barry.

• 07 Jun 2012 4:31 PM
    Reply # 952904 on 707213
    Deleted user

Hi - can anyone help here?

We have a staff member in Germany who accesses the MYOB system on our server via Remote Desktop using a German PC and keyboard.  Since we still only have 2 user licences he is sharing access with a staff member working in the UK with a UK keyboard.  All has worked fine so far but today our UK member had accessed MYOB and is getting german characters and basically a German keyboard set despite using her UK keyboard.  It seems that MYOB has somehow "remembered" that it was accessed from a European keyboard and now will not forget it!  We have also lost our £ sign (but that was ages ago).  If we try to put in a £ sign either in the body text on an invoice - or switch on "use currency symbols in forms" it appears on the screen, and prints out, a letter "J" instead of £

Any ideas?

Thanks

Amba

• 08 Jun 2012 11:20 AM
    Reply # 958040 on 707213

Hi Amba

Without knowing which OS you are using I'll assume Windows XP.

It seems to me like the regional settings have been changed by your German operator.

You may have the Language Bar available on the right of the task bar which will allow you to change the input language, if not open the control panel and select "Regional and Language Options" and make sure that English (United Kingdom) is selected. Also click on the Languages Tab and select Details which will allow to change the input language.

I hope this helps to fix your problem.

Regards
    Barry

• 09 Jun 2012 10:45 AM
    Reply # 958933 on 707213
    Deleted user
    A new problem has occurred yesterday with my MYOB 18. The export of my reports to Excel has stopped working ! I get a message saying 'Failure creating OLE driver object' then a message 'Error in Office link process'. Has anyone experienced this and can offer me some advice ? The export of reports to PDF still seems to be working, but I use the excel files so really need to find a solution !
  • 13 Jun 2012 9:19 AM
    Reply # 965167 on 707213
    Mark Hill (Administrator)
    Amba and Anne

You are both getting problems related to the interaction between MYOB and the operating system... generally XP for the membership of this body.  Another problem I have heard of is a breach in the ODBC registration for a v16 user. 

For all these sophisticated problems I'm sorry if this usergroup is a less than complete answer... however your needs are unusual amoung our relatively small co userbase.  I have the following suggestions. 

Save a raw copy of the datafile.

Reinstall the MYOB version that you are using on a safe machine.  Reopen the datafile with the newly reinstalled software.  This should have the effect of relinking the MYOB software and datafile to the latest versions of Office and XP.

If this doesn't work completely then I think you need to think about the possibility that your software has been compromised by the failure of the MYOB team to upgrade your software with latest OS requirements.  An alternative might have to be found.  Typically I would recommend either conversion to Macs or conversion to Acclivity.  I suggest you have a look at the professional partner pages on this site and WWW.Simpleaccounting.co.uk/software which will discuss alternatives.

• 13 Jun 2012 10:35 AM
    Reply # 965196 on 707213
    Anne,

I had this same problem awhile ago.

I find the Australian MYOB support notes very useful for finding solutions to various problems, many solutions (but not all) work for the UK versions.

Have a look at this note on OfficeLink Connection problems:

http://myobaustralia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9237/kw/ole/session/L3RpbWUvMTMzOTU3OTY3MS9zaWQvZG1PNnV5LWs%3D
  • 14 Jun 2012 9:59 AM
    Reply # 969391 on 707213
    Deleted user

Thanks to Mark & Phil for those suggestions. I will try them both out as soon as I can !

Anne

• 16 Sep 2012 4:29 PM
    Reply # 1073982 on 707213
    Deleted user
    Hi everyone.

We are happily continuing to use MYOB thanks to this forum and the re-confirmation codes. We've been running on a PC for many years (with the data file stored on a NAS) but it would now be much more appropriate to run on a MAC (OS X 10.7 minimum). Does anyone have any ideas about migrating? License, cost, source??

Thanks in advance

Tim
  • 19 Sep 2012 2:25 PM
    Reply # 1076463 on 707213
    Deleted user
    Hi Tim

We have some copies of AccountEdge (the Mac version of MYOB) that are free from Mamut's mandatory Service Agreement for sale. They are the current (2012) version and, provided you don't upgrade at any point in the future, nothing further is payable. AccountEdge is £149 +VAT and we also have AccountEdge Plus as well as AccountEdge Network edition (two user pack). Details on our site http://boscown.com/Shop.html

Jonathan
  • 25 Sep 2012 1:30 PM
    Reply # 1082695 on 707213
    Deleted user

Hi

Can anyone remind me where to find the stock figure for a set date within the reports? I've done it in the past but can't for the life of me remember how.

We use MYOB accounting Plus version 18

Regards

Lorraine

© MYOB Users Ltd