MYOB Users pressure MYOB Technology Pty to postphone their decision to cancel datafile reconfirmations!

  • 08 Dec 2011 10:49 AM
    Reply # 769008 on 768375
    Having read the Mamut/MYOB statement, it would appear that it is only a time-wasting stopgap to encourage companies to move to other softwares.   In addition they are not offering support.  Therefore in my humble opinion we should continue as in 12 months time they will probably cease the activation codes. Keep up the good work.  Barbara
  • 08 Dec 2011 10:49 AM
    Reply # 769009 on 768375
    Deleted user
    I agree with all of the previous comments. Don't falter or give up. When I read MYOB's press release it indicates they are only postponing the switch-off in the hope that we'll all still switch to other software. I agree that providing a patch would show their sincerity. Until then, I'm sorry to say I don't trust them. So please carry on the good work Mark and your team.
  • 08 Dec 2011 10:53 AM
    Reply # 769010 on 768375
    Deleted user

    I absolutely agree with everyone and particularly Chris Nicholson's comment that MYOB are trying to undermine the user group so it closes down - and THEN they will switch off the system.

    In their announcement they make no promises for long term use of the software - merely a delay to "enable users to find an alternative".  That really says it all.  I don't WANT an alternative and £35 a year to have the peace of mind that I can continue to use MYOB is a very small price to pay.

    So keep going


  • 08 Dec 2011 11:11 AM
    Reply # 769012 on 769007
    Deleted user
    Christine Nicholson wrote:Perhaps being a tad more cynical than other posters I see this eleventh hour U-turn by Mamut as a direct response to this user group.
    I would imagine that they hope as a result, the user group will disintegrate and then, when no further solution to continued use of our software exists, they will resort again to turning off the server.
    If they were genuine, they could simply issue a software patch that obviates the need for confirmation code authorisation at all.

    You make very valid points, Christine. I agree with you completely. Keep up the good work Mark and others, and very many thanks for your efforts to date.
  • 08 Dec 2011 11:20 AM
    Reply # 769015 on 768375
    Deleted user
    The Press Release is pretty begrudging isn't it? There's a lack of grace as well as the implicit threat to turn off the confirmation code at some future point of their choosing. As others have said, it's an attempt to force users to migrate to another system, although, after the way they've treated us, anyone moving to Mamut must be mad.

    I think we should carry on. I would like to thank Mark and his team for giving us this option.

  • 08 Dec 2011 11:24 AM
    Reply # 769016 on 768375
    Deleted user

    With regard to the possible u-turn by Mamut, I believe it is a cynical attempt to get this user group stopped and disbanded, if this happens MYOB Users will have no other possibility of having confirmation codes being generated. That means that we will all have to change from MYOB to a different accounting package and Mamut make this clear in their announcement that Mamut are only doing this to allow MYOB uses to change to a different accounts package. So when will they turn off the automatic confirmation and leave it to be telephone confirmation meaning that we all have to call them and speak to them regarding confirmation codes. Sooner rather than later, they will turn off the system.

    I would rather pay £35 to MYOB Users Ltd. knowing that we have a vested interest in the application than keep on relying on Mamut who have not shown any consideration for us to date.

  • 08 Dec 2011 12:44 PM
    Reply # 769039 on 768375
    Deleted user

    I agree with the ther posts - I have no faith at all in Mamut's intentions and would much rather pay the £35 per annum to be sure our MYOB stays operational. As previosuly stated if the intention was to let the software run ad infinitum a software patch could be released to disable the confirmation process.


  • 08 Dec 2011 1:30 PM
    Reply # 769065 on 768375
    Deleted user
    I agree with everyone here so far - keep up the good work! Before joining the user group I was having consistent fails on auto reconfirming files, as soon as you published the codes for my files they all confirmed beautifully! I now have five nicely working files and in fact as my bureau work seems to be increasing was on the lookout for an old copy of MYOB 14 I could install on my windows system and get a new serial number and therefore another five files to use (by registering the new serial number with you of course) - so, yes, would much rather pay you £35 per serial number and get a system that works than rely on some server in the antipodes that could be turned off or crash at any time.
  • 08 Dec 2011 2:29 PM
    Reply # 769086 on 768375
    Mark Hill (Administrator)
    Thanks all for your posts.  I get the message.  We should continue as before seems to be the basic reaction from those that have posted so far.  That would imply that you would expect us to issue codes for 2012.  That in turn means that we would have restart the process... probably later this week.

    Bear in mind that this decision to start issuing codes may trigger a legal threat, but I suppose we knew this from the outset. 

    I would be particularly grateful if anyone who has a different opinion makes a post to express it now.

  • 08 Dec 2011 6:28 PM
    Reply # 769282 on 768375
    Deleted user

    What a supportive response you have Mark, it would seem so far that not one MYOB user has any faith in the statement issued by Mamut particularly with reference to the phrase:

    Mamut has advised MYOB that it has no objection to MYOB continuing to provide Activation & Confirmation functions beyond 31 December 2011. Therefore this function will continue to allow users more time to make transition arrangements to alternative software.


    The above statement indicates that this is only a temporary measure and furthermore nobody wishes to make any transition to any other software, there may well be hidden reasons as to why they are relaxing the switch off with only 23 days to go to the deadline, it really does sound fishy. I don't think there is any chance of the MYOBuser group disbanding, and I'm in agreement with all the other posts, keep the good work up Mark, £35 is a small price to pay.

    Finally as Christine so aptly put it "If they were genuine, they could simply issue a software patch that obviates the need for confirmation code authorisation at all" so so true !!

    To reiterate : Keep up the good work Mark, and good wishes, looking forward to the second reconfirmation.

    Martin Bowden

© MYOB Users Ltd
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software