Home 

Help with MYOB

• 18 Apr 2013 10:38 AM
    Reply # 1271839 on 707213
    Deleted user
    Good morning everybody,

A plea for help. I have an old MYOB data file that I am trying to open with Account Edge. I get an error message along the lines of "This is an MYOB data file. It must be upgraded before it can be used by AccountEdge". Then when I try to open the AccountEdge upgrade assistant I get the error message "Upgrade Assistant cannot be opened because PowerPC apps are no longer supported". Doe anyone have any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Mark
  • 16 May 2013 7:30 AM
    Reply # 1294325 on 707213
    Deleted user

I hope someone can help.

After turning over to a new year, my V15, now does not verify, and comes up with the error,

"Missing Sale Detail" "Negative Sale Records: Test 43 of 47"

When you say continue, at the end it says you should try to optomize the file or restore from a backup. The optomize option does not work, and if you restore a backup, and try "starting a new year" again it still fails.

The strange thing is, is that before I "Start a new year, the file verifies perfectly"

I then, with the pre-rollover backup file, only purged sales transactions, without starting a new year, then tried to verify again. It failed again.

I the restored again from a backup, and one by one did a purge on sales, and found that if I select all customers, but one particular customer, the file verifies perfectly, so it seems there is a problem with one or more of the sales to that  particular customer.

Is there any way to fix this?

• 26 May 2013 11:55 AM
    Reply # 1301588 on 707213
    Deleted user
    Can anyone help?! I am trying to run reports for my accountant to get the Debtors balance 29/2/12, only that every report I run contains invoices from 2013. Surely if I select the ageing date as 29/2/12 it should only bring the details relevant to before the date chosen? 
    Thank you :D
    Eithne 
  • 28 May 2013 6:25 PM
    Reply # 1302914 on 1294325
    Deleted user
    Trevor Ferguson wrote:

I hope someone can help.

After turning over to a new year, my V15, now does not verify, and comes up with the error,

"Missing Sale Detail" "Negative Sale Records: Test 43 of 47"

When you say continue, at the end it says you should try to optomize the file or restore from a backup. The optomize option does not work, and if you restore a backup, and try "starting a new year" again it still fails.

The strange thing is, is that before I "Start a new year, the file verifies perfectly"

I then, with the pre-rollover backup file, only purged sales transactions, without starting a new year, then tried to verify again. It failed again.

I the restored again from a backup, and one by one did a purge on sales, and found that if I select all customers, but one particular customer, the file verifies perfectly, so it seems there is a problem with one or more of the sales to that  particular customer.

Is there any way to fix this?

It is not clear whether or not you have received advice helping you to solve your problem.

I experienced similar characteristics during a "Start of new year" operation 2 years ago.  The only way I could resolve it was by not purging the sales data during the update.  Everything worked fine afterwards.

Regards
    Howard

• 31 May 2013 11:45 AM
    Reply # 1306132 on 707213
    Deleted user

Hi Howard,

Thank you for your reply. I have not yet received any help with resolving this issue.

I can get around the issue for now, by purging all the previous sales for all customers, except for the customer that has the problem causing the datafile not to verify.

This however is a short term solution, as I think MYOB only allows you to keep around 4-5 years of previous data. Because my problem is with a 2011 sale, I am sure I will only be able to keep this data for possibly 2 -3yrs, and then MYOB will want to purge it........then the problem will rear it's head again, and the datafile will not verify.

So the short of it, is that I have currently got around the problem, however, if there is a way of fixing it, I would really appreciate it.

After "googling" the error, it seems like most people had to send their datafile to MYOB for repairs. However this is no longer an option, as MYOB is no longer supported.....especially V15.

regards

Trevor

• 07 Jun 2013 1:32 AM
    Reply # 1311239 on 707213
    Hi Trevor,

I have been able to repair some of these errors in the past. If you would like me to try to fix your errors email me a recent backup (company file only) to philn444 at hotmail dot co dot uk - replace the at and dot with appropriate symbols and no spaces - trying to avoid spam.
  • 10 Jun 2013 5:19 PM
    Reply # 1313677 on 707213
    Mark Hill (Administrator)
    Eithne

Sorry I've Been away and missed this.  Please rerun using the debtors reconciliation report (not the aging one).  This will exclude later invoices and payments.

Mark 
  • 01 Aug 2013 8:34 PM
    Reply # 1356463 on 707213
    Deleted user
    Thanks Mark, that helps :) Can I ask another question - I have a new data set and would like to know how to correctly enter in creditor and debtor's opening balances? When I use the "pre-conversion sale/purchase" method it creates 'out of balance' problems.   Can anyone help?
    Eithne
  • 14 Aug 2013 3:02 AM
    Reply # 1364675 on 707213
    Hi Eithne,

You first need to set the opening balances for Debtors/Creditors. Then enter pre-conversion sales/purchases to match the total opening balance. This should solve out of balance problems.

See this Support Note from MYOB for more information: Customer Opening Balances
  • 18 Sep 2013 7:44 PM
    Reply # 1392541 on 707213
    Deleted user
    Hi - Does anyone know if MYOB will work with Windows 8 ? I use various MYOB versions ranging from V10 to V17. Thanks
© MYOB Users Ltd